How to Clean - Bath Brass, Copper & Silver Deities / Paraphernalia. How to Clean / Bath Brass, Copper & Silver Deities and other pure metal Paraphernalia.
After extensive research and testing, we have discovered a non-chemical, non-abrasive, cheap but effective, fast and very easy way to clean our Brass Deities and other Paraphernalia using common household ingredients.
We were so impressed with the ease, effectiveness, cheap and safe outcome that we felt it imperatively beneficial to share this.
RECENT UPDATE to the use:
BEING ADVISED THAT THE USE of TOO MUCH LEMON JUICE REGURALILY MY NOT BE ADVISABLE SO I TESTED REDUCING THE LEMON JUST TO HALF THE QUANTITY AND THEN ADD WATER TO MAKE THE PASTE MORE LIQUIDITY / RUNNY which seems to WORK JUST AS GREAT. In addition, I increased the quantity of salt which seems to be more effective.
ALSO Please rinse out completely before the paste dries.
1. Mix 2 teaspoons of salt to 2 table spoons of pure lemon juice. Remember a small quantity goes a long way.
2. Add plain flour to the mixture until it becomes a smooth consistent paste. You can also use self-raising flour where the added bicarbonate of soda aids the cleaning process. If you add self-raising flour you will notice a reaction fizz as you mix.
3. Add a bit of water to make the paste runny and liquidy.
4. Gently apply the paste to brass or copper. I generally give the deities a little massage while applying the paste
5. Leave for a few minutes to react. Before it dries wash with plenty of warm water.
6. Make sure to wash off all the paste totally. This is a very important step.
7. Feel free to use a new toothbrush to gently scrub away the ingrained paste on paraphernalia that has lots of grooves or intricate work.
8. Wipe/shine with a soft cloth.
9. You may apply a little oil to maintain the luster for an extended period.
10. Please feel free to share these tips and please send us your blessings.
Tags: How to Clean - Bath Brass, Copper & Silver Deities / Paraphernalia, 12-09-2015, gaura nitai, Lord, bathing, brass, copper, deities, abhishek for the lord, abhishek, ISKCON, Devotee, Supreme, jaganath, Nrshinga, Janaka Raj, Vraja Raj, Clean, Paraphernalia, Brisbane, Godhead, Australia, Non chemical, Cheap, effective, fast, Brass Deities, impressive, worship, dress, service, seva, purify, luster, blessings, bhakti, charu, swami, ujjain, altars, supersoul